Live everyday like it’s Taco Tuesday! This Potato and Chorizo Tacos Recipe is a delicious way to fuel up any day of the week.
Growing up we’d have tacos for dinner at least once a week. I remember my grandma frying up diced potatoes before adding meat and spices.
Then, she’d heat up a big skillet with hot oil and fry corn tortillas for crunchy tacos. That part was scary because the oil would POP and SIZZLE so loud as she flipped and folded each one!
I’m skipping the scary part and sharing a good for you version of the recipe today – Potatoes and Chorizo served in a soft taco shell.
What I love about fueling up with potatoes:
- Potatoes are the center of this recipe because they’re a nutrient-dense vegetable with Energy + Vitamin C + Potassium.
- Potatoes are a great option if you have an active lifestyle (or want to get more active this year) because they’re a nutrient-dense carbohydrate.
- Carbs are important for mental AND physical performance.
- 1 lb. White Potatoes, washed
- 5oz. Soy Chorizo
- 6-8 Corn Tortillas
- 2 Avocados, sliced
- 1/3c Cilantro, chopped
- Salt and Pepper
- Hot Sauce (optional)
- Dice potatoes into ½ inch chunks (leave skin on).
- Boil diced potatoes in salted water until fork tender, about 10 minutes. Times varies depending on the size of your dice. Drain when done & set aside.
- While potatoes boil… Heat 1Tb olive oil in a skillet and add soy chorizo, cook through.
- Add cooked potatoes to chorizo, mix well and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve on warm tortillas with avocado and cilantro.
For more on how potatoes can fuel you check out – Potatoes for Athletic Performance here.
*This post is in partnership with Potatoes USA. All opinions are that of the author.*